All metal instruments such as tweezers and scissors are fully cleaned and sterilized after every use and a fresh bed sheet is used for every customer.
Here are some hints and tips for you BEFORE your waxing appointment (to make it a little less painful!):
- First things first…. make sure your have enough hair grown out before getting waxed. Your hair should be about 1/4″ grown, as the wax may not pick up the hairs if it’s any shorter. Now if the hair is longer than 1/4″, it will be more painful to pull out, so for best results it’s easy just to trim the hair.
- If you are extremely sensitive, you can take an Advil, Panadol etc. before your appointment to help with the pain.
- For women, try to avoid booking your appointment around your period. Instead, try booking a week after you have finished menstruating, as otherwise you may find the pain to be more uncomfortable.
- Exfoliate!!! Exfoliating helps get rid of the dead skin, which can also help lift up all the hairs, so its easier to wax off the shorter ones.
- And last but not least… before waxing make sure you are not using any medications or creams that causes thinning of the skin (usually acne medications and or anti-age products) as it can cause extreme irritations and can lift a layer of skin. Usually these medications and creams contain Retin-A or Glycolic Acid, so the only thing I can suggest is to stop using the product 2 days prior, and start again 2 days after waxing.
Alright, so now after you’ve had your waxing done, you may notice a bit of redness and bumps, but they will disappear within a few hours. Here are some hints and tricks to follow AFTER your waxing to maintain your beautiful wax job!!
- Avoid going in direct sunlight and tanning bed for about 24 hrs as this will cause burning and discoloration.
- Do not bathe or shower in hot water. (will sting)
- Avoid exercising and extreme heat after waxing as the heat and sweat can build up bacteria and can cause irritation and rashes since the pores will still be open.
- Avoid using harsh lotions, soaps, perfumes and deodorants on treated areas for about 24 hours, instead apply a soothing lotion on the treated area such as Aloe Vera and use a cold compress if needed.
- After 24 hours, when the skin has calmed down, use a loofah sponge and exfoliate to prevent ingrown hairs, and continue to use daily moisturizers!!
Hopefully these hints and tricks should help you before and after your waxing appointment!! If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask or if you would like to book a waxing appointment, call Christine on 0432162862 and check out the services menu for all waxing services and prices!!