Peel Treatment Melbourne
Lose it with Laser provides you the best Skin Peel Treatment Melbourne services. Over time, peels can dramatically improve the skin’s appearance. Accelerated cell turnover is encouraged when a chemical solution is applied, resulting in smoother, clearer and less wrinkled skin.
During peel treatment Melbourne, most people feel a slight tingling sensation that lasts about 5-10 minutes. Putting a cool compress on the skin and flushing the skin with cool water will ease this.
Depending on the individual and the length of time the peel is left on the skin, there may or may not be visible peeling over the course of the next 3-7 days.
Mild peels can be repeated as often as weekly during the course of Peel Treatment Melbourne to achieve the desired outcome and then monthly as a maintenance treatment.
An initial consultation for our skin peel treatment will be required to assess the skin and determine the correct type of peel to suit the individual’s needs. These can be tailored to address issues such as pigmentation, aging, or acne prone skin.
Peels are an excellent “add-on” treatment. That is, having a peel after a microdermabrasion treatment for example, is a fantastic way to accelerate the final desired outcome.
Pre and Post Chemical Peel Treatment Instructions
Pre-Chemical Peel Treatment
- Always inform the clinician if you are taking retinoids such as Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Veltin etc.
- If you have any active cold sores, it is advised to reschedule your peel treatment.
- Avoid wearing really heavy makeup on the day, although the skin will be cleansed just before the peel treatment.
Post-Chemical Peel Treatment
- Sun protection is extremely important. Minimum SPF30 should be used every day as you will be more sun sensitive. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible and definitely no tanning!
- Avoid laser treatments, waxing, depilatories and harsher microdermabrasion treatments for about 7 days. (longer if having a stronger peel)
- Avoid saunas and swimming in a heavily chlorinated pool & spa for about 7 days.
- Some peels may cause the skin to flake, dryness, tightness or sensitivity.
- Do NOT rub the skin or pick at any flaking skin as this may cause scaring.
- Use a moisturiser perhaps a little more often than usual throughout the day to help overcome the temporary dryness.
- After 7-10 days, you may wish to have a light microdermabrasion treatment to help remove the last signs of any flakiness.
- By this stage, your new fresh complexion should have your skin glowing!
And lastly, always ring if you have any questions or concerns. We are more than happy to help if you are unsure about something.