Remove Unwanted Hair With Waxing
Hints and tips for your waxing appointment
- Make sure you have enough hair grown out before getting waxed with our waxing treatment. Your hair should be about 1/4″ grown, as the wax may not pick up the hairs if it’s any shorter. If the hair is longer than 1/4″, it will be more painful to pull out, so for best results it’s easy just to trim the hair.
- If you are extremely sensitive, you can take an Advil, Panadol etc., before your appointment to help with the pain.
- For women, try to avoid booking your appointment around your period. Instead, try booking a week after you have finished menstruating, as otherwise you may find the pain to be more uncomfortable.
- Please exfoliate before your appointment. Exfoliating helps to remove dead skin, which can also help lift up all the hairs. This makes it easier to wax off shorter hairs.
- Before waxing, make sure you are not using any medications or creams that causes thinning of the skin (usually acne medications and anti-aging products). This can cause extreme irritations and can lift a layer of skin. Usually these medications and creams contain Retin-A or Glycolic Acid, so it is recommended that you stop using the product two days prior, and start again two days after your wax.
Maintain your beautiful waxed body
After you’ve had your waxing treatment done, you may notice a bit of redness and bumps, but they will disappear within a few hours. Here are some hints and tricks to follow after your waxing to maintain your beautiful wax job.
- Avoid going in direct sunlight and a tanning bed for about 24 hours as this will cause burning and discoloration.
- Do not bathe or shower in hot water, as this will sting.
- Avoid exercising and extreme heat after waxing as the heat and sweat can build up bacteria and can cause irritation and rashes since the pores will still be open.
- Avoid using harsh lotions, soaps, perfumes, and deodorants on treated areas for about 24 hours. Instead, apply a soothing lotion on the treated area such as Aloe Vera and use a cold compress if needed.
- After 24 hours, when the skin has calmed down, use a loofah sponge and exfoliate to prevent ingrown hairs, and continue to use daily moisturisers.
Wax your body today
Hopefully these hints and tricks should help you before and after your waxing appointment. If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask or if you would like to book a waxing appointment at our Box Hill clinic, call Christine on 0432 162 862 and check out the services menu for all waxing services and prices.